Tuesday, 19 April 2011
We are looking for a highly motivated all rounder to join our team on a full-time basis.
The ideal candidate must be confident in patternmaking, garment construction, designing and have superlative organisational skills.
The position is primarily a production management role but you will also be required to help run the design room and follow through from initial design, patternmaking and sample range completion.
- Technical specification drawings
- Sample cutting
- Taking ownership and responsibility for assigned and related tasks
- Sourcing fabrics, linings and trims
- Liaising with suppliers and makers
- Calculating costs
- Managing fittings
- Setting and adhering to budgets
- Producing specification sheets and cut plans
- Calculating yields and fabric requirements
- Quality control
- Creating collections to meet range briefs
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong initiative
- Master of time management and organisation
- Ability to work independently
- Superior communication skills
- Adobe suite experience (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Proficiency in Excel
- Sketching ability
- Knowledge of current trends and an understanding of the current market
- Garment knowledge
- Advanced sewing and pattern making ability
- Driver’s licence
This is a challenging but rewarding role that will require high energy and commitment. It is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team and take part in the rapid growth of a dynamic emerging Australian label.
Applications close 28 Apr 2011.
Contact Name - Henry Holland
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 02 8060 9052
EC - Style is a Language
at 1:24 pm